Sunday, June 22, 2014

Bayview Resort

Finally another post.

Sorry I have been so off and on posting for this.

Bayview Resort was located at the mouth of Kabekona Bay.  It was the first one from the road on the south side of the bay.  I locate a lot of the resorts that I didn't have any personal experience with on a map that my dad had as a kid.  It is one of those that has the cartoons on it.  They call it a cartograph map.  I'm pretty sure that this is a very, very early map.

I'm fairly certain that it is no longer a resort, I believe there are private cabins there now.

If anyone out there has any memories or stories of Bayview Resort, I would love to hear them.  It looks really pretty.  The very unique A-frame cabin that has  BAYVIEW on the roof as well as the lodge picture.  It looks like a nice one!

From the late 1950's early 60's Chamber of Commerce map:

Bayview Resort - Kabekona Bay.  15 ultra-modern cabins, excellent beach, playground, no hills.  Launching ramp, harbor, dock, fish cleaning.  Insect Controlled.  American Plan.  For the best, phone KI 7-1595, Don Cook, Walker, Minn.




1 comment:

  1. The Lodge is so cool. I would love to have looked inside of it.

    ReplyDelete