Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pikedale Resort

Pikedale Resort is a really great resort that sits near Partridge Point on Leech.  The narrows that run between Partridge Point and Bear Island are one of the great walleye fishing spots on Leech Lake.  We have also caught many northern pikes near there on the Bear Island side.

I have great memories of fishing those narrows on many opening days.  We also fished for northern pike in Headquarters Bay on a regular basis.  You can see Headquarters Bay at the top of the picture in the background.

Pikedale has a great harbor and a great location.  A really nice lodge too.

My dad told me when the resort opened, it was called the Picture Window Resort.  I'm not sure when they changed the name to Pikedale.  I only remember it being called Pikedale.

I would love to hear any stories anyone has to share about Pikedale.

From the late 1950's early 60's Chamber of Commerce map:

PIKEDALE - Partridge Point.  Six housekeeping cabins.  Modern.  J.W. and Ruth Nelson, Longville, Minn.  Tel VE 6-2232



No comments:

Post a Comment