Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Pinestead Resort - Lake May

 I got a post on my blog asking about Pinestead Resort.  I did some research and here is what I came up with.  

Pinestead Resort was on the west side of Lake May .  I found information about the owners and the resort at the time on maps that I have collected through the years. 

I'm guessing this listing is from the 60's sometime. It had 10 digit numbers and prior to that, they had 2 letters and 5 digits.   

PINESTEAD RESORT - Chain on 5 lakes.  Top bass and pan fishing.  1 1/2 miles from Walker. 13 moderncabins.  Supurb beach, playground, game room, store, bait, freezer service, good boats. "A family resort."  Bill and Tina Blechschmidt, Walker, Minn 56484. Telephone 218-547-1024

This listing is from later in the 60's.  Again, just my best guess.  

PINESTEAD RESORT -Lake May.  Completely modern cabins, beach, shuffleboard, horseshoes, picnic area, playground.  Golf at Tianna Country Club. Variety fishing, chain of 6 spring fed lakes.  Deep freeze service. Mr and Mrs A Borgman.  Tel. 547-1447.




No comments:

Post a Comment