Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Acorn Hill Resort

 Acorn Hill Resort is one of those old resorts that are still running.  It is a beautiful resort on Trader's Bay on Pine Point.  

I had the pleasure of staying at Acorn Hill several years ago on one of our family vacations after my grandpa sold his cabin.  It was great then an has improved over the years.  I remember the cabins were very roomy and nicely kept.  The harbor was great and really had all of the amenities you could imagine.

It's website is https://www.acornhill.com/ It is owned by the Walters!  Check out their website for more information.  

It has a really nice lodge.  We have stopped there for bait and snacks!  Everyone was really nice.

I found this picture on a Mobile RVing site.  I'm going to have to dig through our pictures and find some from the year we stayed there.  We stayed in the cabin on the right when we were there.

If anyone out there wants to share some of theirs with me, send them along!  

I would love to hear your stories about Acorn Hill Resort.

From the Walker Chamber of Commerce map from the late 50's early 60's:

ACORN HILL RESORT - Pine Point.  7 all new strictly modern housekeeping cabins.  Safe Beach.  Playground.  Lodge and store.  Cement launching ramp.  Guides available.  Dona nd Dot Sherard.  Walker, Minn.  Tel. KI 7-1015



No comments:

Post a Comment